Extended Working Life and its interaction with Health, Wellbeing and beyond
Aim of the joint call
This call aims to support innovative and interdisciplinary research into the drivers to, and constraints on, extending working life and focuses on four topics:
- Modern work factors
The interactions of longer working life with the changing nature and organisation of paid and unpaid work.
- Longer working life & Inequality
The extent to which extending working life impacts differently on different kind of people, or people in different circumstances.
- Health challenges
The impact of longer working on health, and health on longer working.
- Caring responsibilities
The impact of longer paid work on the caring responsibilities of individuals and society at large.
In total five projects were funded:
- EXTEND – Extending working lives of an ageing workforce
- FACTAGE – Fairer active ageing for Europe
- LONGLIVES – Policies for longer working lives: understanding interactions with health and care responsibilities
- THRIVE – Tackling health inequalities and extending working lives
- WORKLONG – Impact of interventions and policies on prolonging working life in good health